Monday, May 11, 2009

Is it ok to send flowers to my boyfriend at work for his birthday?

We have been dating for 4 yrs and he's got me flowers twice in that time. He is not a real sensitive guy but I thought it would be a good gesture to send him some flowers on his birthday at work so he realises how it feels. I'm only concerned if he does not feel more embaressed than happy about it.


He works in a small office and is in finance. Everyone there is pretty much suit and tie. Nobody has received flowers at his office so far. I just want to get some advise from other folks because I don't want him to become uncomfortable with the fact that I sent him flowers.

Is it ok to send flowers to my boyfriend at work for his birthday?
Some guys like it but I really don't think I would. He will most likely get teased because that's just what guys do. I mentioned sending my hubby flowers one time and he said that I BETTER NOT! It was funny. Big macho guys can't be getting flowers at work! Haha
Reply:I sent a boyfriend of mine flowers for once at work, but I asked for tiger lilies to be sent, and not roses or anything pink or too pretty. (Some of the more architectural flowers would have been OK too). I also advised the florist carefully as I didn't want twee bows and ribbons all over it either.





Despite him being a lawyer, and working in a really small office with all males except for the receptionist, once he'd got over the initial embarassment, he got quite a bit of respect for it - as did I from his fellow colleagues.





If your boyfriend is a confident guy and settled in at work, you should be OK, but I guess you always take a risk that he will take offence ( %26amp; he'd be daft if he did). However, if he is a sensitive guy, he will probably really enjoy the gesture and appreciate the effort you went to. Good luck with it and I hope he loves receiving them!

Nanny Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment