Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Camping in Dwellingup?

I am taking my dad camping for his birthday (his first time) in Dwellingup in the Lane Pool reserve. I've never organised a trip before so I need help! Has anyone ever been there? Is this time of year a good time to go canoeing there? Are there any wild flowers there at this time of the year, or is there anywhere near Dwellingup that we could see any? Does anyone know any exciting activities we could do in the area? And on a general camping note, would things like sausages and such last in an esky for one day?

Camping in Dwellingup?
Dwellingup is my favourite place! It is cold at this time of year though so take plenty of warm bedding and clothes. There weren't any wildflowers out when we went there about a month ago...wildflower season is spring...but I found heaps of different interesting fungi (mushrooms etc). Canoeing would be good...there were heaps of people out when we went. There are also heaps of walk trails that you can follow. My hubby and I plus our 13, 5 , 2 year olds walked for hours and all had a great time. Or you can ride mountain bikes along the trails instead if you want too. Sausages etc would last a couple of days in an esky with ice and there are small BBQ pits with hotplates over them that you can camp at...as long as you take your own firewood (which you can buy in the town for $5 a big bag). There is a camp of year 6's or 7's down there from our school at the moment until friday so if they can last that long in the cool weather...I am sure you will be fine for a weekend. On the drive to Dwellingup we found a great dam to visit where heaps of baby marron were walking around in the shallow water. Was a nice place to picnic. I think it was the North Dandelup dam north of Dwellingup. I hope you have a good time...and feel free to email me with any more questions...when my hubby gets home he will know a lot more about it than me as he has been there heaps more than I have. Good choice of camp spot by the way!!
Reply:take lots of warm beding and cloths


No comments:

Post a Comment